The ‘Compleat’ Solution
Having worked with The Palliative Care Congress almost since its inception we are always honoured to be their chosen event management company but never take such a privilege for granted.
Alongside the conference, which would provide plenary lectures, seminars, workshops and symposia on a wide range of topics for delegate learning, there would also be a trade exhibition for companies and organisations to promote their products and services.
Compleat Conference services included:
- The production and management of a comprehensive delivery timeline
- The sale of exhibition space and negotiation with sponsors
- Management of exhibition including, contractor negotiations and exhibitor requirements
- Full budget management and cost saving implementation
- Online abstract management service for the submission, review and online publication of submitted abstracts
- Venue finding and liaison
- International and UK Bursary Award Management including Visas, travel and accommodation arrangements
- Speaker liaison – including AV, abstract and biography collation
- CPD application
- Delivery of all catering requirements
- Full delegate management
- Online registration
- Financial management
- Conference badge and pack production
- Brochure production
- Social programme
– Civic Reception
– Conference dinner at the Glasgow Science Centre
- Onsite management.
Taking place in the UK once every two years, Congress is a leading multi-professional forum for research, clinical innovation, clinical practice and education.
The event was to take place over 3 days with the first allowing for exhibition set up and a half day programme with a drinks reception early evening. The client also wished to host a conference dinner. Various organisations would also hold AGMs and fringe meetings throughout the event.
The challenge is always to raise the bar on the previous event, offer a new dimension and freshness whilst maintaining the core education provided and expected by past attendees.
The conference was the largest Congress to date welcoming 640 delegates from across the globe. With multiple concurrent sessions, the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre was an ideal venue with well-designed space ensuring delegates could move easily from session to session to benefit from the full programme.
The conference dinner was held at the Glasgow Science Centre, a short walk from the conference venue and neighbouring hotels. There was a Civic Reception, music from a youth ceilidh band, followed by a three course dinner. Holding the dinner in an interactive venue meant that delegates were able to network whilst exploring the scientific exhibitions adding a further level of entertainment to the evening.
We also managed the client’s twitter account for the duration of the event resulting in a great online buzz being created and one delegate tweeting that the event had brought her back to twitter!